Sections 2018-a and 2018-b of the Education Law, to the extent necessary to allow any absentee ballot for an election held on June 9, 2020 and received by mail in the office of the clerk of the school district or designee of the trustees or school board not later than June 16, 2020 to be canvassed for such election. No ballots for such election shall be accepted by the clerk of the school district or designee of the trustees or school board after 5 p.m. on June 9, 2020 except those received by mail in accordance with this provision. Any receptacle used for hand delivery of absentee ballots in such election shall be closed and removed at 5 p.m. on June 9, 2020; The ballots therein shall remain unopened pending delivery of mailed ballots, and shall be removed and canvassed after 5 p.m. on June 16, 2020.
**Ballots may be dropped off in the Ballot Box located outside the District Office today Monday, June 8, Noon - 7PM and tomorrow Tuesday, June 9, 9am - 5pm only. Beginning on Wednesday, June 10 ballots may be received by USPS mail through June 16 at 5pm.
The annual Budget Vote and Board of Education Member Election is June 9, 2020 by absentee ballot only. The Budget Hearing will be held on Tuesday, May 26, 2020.
In accordance with Executive Order No. 202.26, the Budget Vote and School Board Election will be held remotely, by Absentee Ballot only. Qualified voters of the Webutuck Central School District will receive absentee ballots by mail.
A qualified voter is one who is:
(1) a citizen of the United States of America,
(2) eighteen (18) years of age or older,
(3) resident within the School District for a period of thirty (30) days preceding the annual vote and election and (4) not otherwise disqualified under the Election Law.
Completed ballots must be signed, mailed back, and received by the District Clerk no later than 5:00 p.m on Tuesday, June 9, 2020.
Nominating petitions are available to elect three (3) members to the Board of Education, for three-year terms, commencing July 1, 2020 and expiring on June 30, 2023. You may contact District Clerk Tracy Trotter at email@example.com or call 845.373.4100 X5506 for a nominating petition. Petitions must be filed in the District Clerk’s office between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. no later than May 11, 2020.
Any collection of signatures for nominating petitions is suspended pursuant to Executive Order No. 202.26 for this election.
Ed. Law §2003(2), §2004(2) EO 202.26
Qualifications of a Board of Education Member:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the Webutuck Central School District
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately preceding the election.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the school district.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.