The annual Budget Vote and Board of Education Member Election is June 9, 2020 by absentee ballot only. The Budget Hearing will be held on Tuesday, May 26, 2020.
In accordance with Executive Order No. 202.26, the Budget Vote and School Board Election will be held remotely, by Absentee Ballot only. Qualified voters of the Webutuck Central School District will receive absentee ballots by mail.
A qualified voter is one who is:
(1) a citizen of the United States of America,
(2) eighteen (18) years of age or older,
(3) resident within the School District for a period of thirty (30) days preceding the annual vote and election and (4) not otherwise disqualified under the Election Law.
Completed ballots must be signed, mailed back, and received by the District Clerk no later than 5:00 p.m on Tuesday, June 9, 2020.
Nominating petitions are available to elect three (3) members to the Board of Education, for three-year terms, commencing July 1, 2020 and expiring on June 30, 2023. You may contact District Clerk Tracy Trotter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845.373.4100 X5506 for a nominating petition. Petitions must be filed in the District Clerk’s office between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. no later than May 11, 2020.
Any collection of signatures for nominating petitions is suspended pursuant to Executive Order No. 202.26 for this election.
Ed. Law §2003(2), §2004(2) EO 202.26
Qualifications of a Board of Education Member:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the Webutuck Central School District
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately preceding the election.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the school district.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.